When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world.
当我年轻时,我的想象力从没有受到过限制,我梦想改变这个世界。
As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country. But it, too, seemed immovable.
当我成熟以后,我发现我不能改变这个世界,于是我将目光缩短了些,决定只改变我的国家。但是,我的国家似乎也是我无法改变的。
As I grew into my twilight years,in one last desperate attempt,I settled for changing only my family,those closest to me,but alas,they would have none of it.
当我进入暮年后,我发现我不能改变我的国家,我的最后愿望仅仅是改变一下我的家庭。但是,这也不可能。
And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize:
当我躺在床上,行将就木时,我突然意识到:
If I had only changed myself first,then by example I would have changed my family. From their inspiration and encouragement,I would then have been able to better my country,and who knows,I may have even changed the world.
如果一开始我仅仅去改变我自己,然后作为一个榜样,我可能改变我的家庭。在家人的帮助和鼓励下,我可能为国家做一些事情。然后谁知道呢?我甚至可能改变这个世界。
- 英语美文点亮智慧人生39:Life Is All
- 英语美文点亮智慧人生40:The Old Fish
- 英语美文点亮智慧人生41:A Moment of
- 英语美文点亮智慧人生42:A Perfect He
- 英语美文点亮智慧人生43:Cherish as G