The hummingbird was lost in the supermarket, exhausted, starving, and near death as it spiraled towards the ground on helpless wings.
一只蜂鸟在超市里迷路了,它疲惫不堪且饥饿难耐,由于无力挥动双翼,小蜂鸟飞得越来越低,眼看就要奄奄一息。
I snatched her away from the crushing carts, cupped her in my hands, and rushed for the exit.
我一把将它抓住,让它免于遭受被推车碾压的命运。
She was tiny and soft against my palms. I ran out towards the flowers.
我小心翼翼地托着蜂鸟,向出口跑去,感到它小而柔软的身体躺在我的掌心。
She was too weak to perch; I cupped her in my palm and held her up to each flower to drink.
我跑向花丛,然而这只蜂鸟太虚弱了,站都站不起来。于是我举着它,让它挨个吸食每朵花的花蜜。
Slowly, she perked up and her claws tightened on my finger. Then she spread her wings and flew on her own: a tiny, sweet miracle.
渐渐地蜂鸟有了精神,它的爪子抓紧了我的手指,之后它挥动着翅膀飞了起来——这小小的,甜蜜的奇迹。
- 英语美文点亮智慧人生39:Life Is All
- 英语美文点亮智慧人生40:The Old Fish
- 英语美文点亮智慧人生41:A Moment of
- 英语美文点亮智慧人生42:A Perfect He
- 英语美文点亮智慧人生43:Cherish as G